From the moment, you move into your new house you being making it your home. One way to make it feel more homey for you and your guests right off the bat is by creating a welcoming entryway, that conveys your personality. Here are 5 easy steps to creating an entry way you are proud of.
- Color your door with a bold color. This will boost curb appeal and also provides protection from the elements. Start by buffing down the door with 220-grit sandpaper, then apply a coat of primer and allow to dry. Keep in mind when choosing your paint to select one with a smooth or glossy finish that will assist in keeping moisture out, and prevents mildew.
- Turn it up with unique lights. Whether you have the option for a hanging light or even simpler sconces, choose unique ones that add to your overall look. Look at different materials such as unfinished copper or brass and also different textures of glass.
- Get real, with plants. Strategically place low-maintenance plants like succulents or any other plants that will thrive in your area. Just check with your local nursery for plants that are fitted to your climate, amount of sun, and commitment level.
- Make a statement with your house numbers. Placing easy to read and stylish numbers can make it easier for your friends and family to find your home and round out your entry way. Depending on the theme of your home you can place purchased number tiles, simple vinyl numbers, or hand painted numbers to help your address stand out.
- Add special touches with accessories. Adding trendy door knocker or vintage mailbox can be just like adding a dazzling necklace or bracelet to your favorite outfit. Seasonal wreaths are also a great way to keep your look updated all year long. Add just one or two extra touches, or you could be overdoing it.
Creating a welcoming entry to your home can make both you and your visitors feel comfortable from the first moment. Remember first impressions last forever, so make it a good one. For additional information, please check out my mortgage calculator or call me today.